Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some reading up on the forum and it seems mercs are not as bad as some say in the reliabilty area.
I have a toyota diesel thats done some miles (182k) and everything works and has been great.
I have owned several bmw's and audi's reliabilty seems to be going the wrong way.

So for my budget i want an estate diesel and prefer auto.
Alot say that 270 gets better mpg than the 220 or about the same. Is this true?
I like the interior of the facelift 2004 c class and the e class is nice indeed but my budget only brings up cars with mega mileage.

I like to service my own cars and love a rwd setup for simplicity.
And is the 220 and 270 both V6 units.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
I have been doing some reading up on the forum and it seems mercs are not as bad as some say in the reliabilty area.
I have a toyota diesel thats done some miles (182k) and everything works and has been great.
I have owned several bmw's and audi's reliabilty seems to be going the wrong way.

So for my budget i want an estate diesel and prefer auto.
Alot say that 270 gets better mpg than the 220 or about the same. Is this true?
I like the interior of the facelift 2004 c class and the e class is nice indeed but my budget only brings up cars with mega mileage.

I like to service my own cars and love a rwd setup for simplicity.
And is the 220 and 270 both V6 units.

Thanks
James
The 270 CDI would certainly consume more fuel than the C220CDI, assuming both cars are in good condition. The 320CDI would consume a bit more but both the 320CDI and the 270CDI provide a pretty good compromise between power and fuel efficiency.

The 270 CDI is an in-line 5 cylinder engine, the 220CDI is an in-line 4 cylinder engine, no V6 here.

You should post at the appropriate C-class forum for more, and better comments. By the way, all of the C-class diesels are pretty much unknown at these US forums because those have not been sold in the US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts