Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is c-class c240 2002., on the dashboard ESP visit workshop and loosing input spped..on restarting everything is normal..any ideas?..thx

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The most likely cause is a wheel speed sensor, but it could be something else, obviously. The reason the light is off in the morning is it is no longer monitoring the system until you start rolling again. Your best bet would be to bring it to a shop you trust or the dealership and have them scan it. You will then know what the problem is. Your trusted shop might tell you what the code is, but most likely, the dealership will not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ESP visit workshop on dashboard with loss of speedinput!

the problem occured while i was driving..suddenly no speedinput the throttle is not working and ESP appears on the dashboard..while running a diagnostic on STAR it showed that the throttle needs to be changed..anyone had similar problems and should i change the speed throttle?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My " ESP warning; visit workshop" comes up after a few kms of running but i dont feel any change in speed or whatever. Afterwards , the " check Right Breaklight" warning comes up even when the brake light is working. I read in a forum it might be the brake light switch... will try changing it this week and see if the warning goes away.

·
Registered
151 Posts
me too i think i need to change brakelight switch for BAS warnning.

for the esp there is another message : ESP elec visit work shop

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same situation, driving up hill and all of a sudden my car just stopped accelerating, esp warning and some other messages just comes out.

got my car towed, and turns out there was blown fuse and a bad ignition coil.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ESP replaces ABS, it could be anything, the abs sensor, the tracking sensor.

You definitely need an MB STAR DAS to pinpoint instead of guessed work.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update: had the car scanned and C1120 001 N64 fault code ( ESP yaw rate sensor ) zero point offset error of component N64 came up. Question: there are 2 sensors side by side at the trunk; 1 is a box 2 x 3 inches , the other smaller 2 x 1 inches like my thumb; which one is the yaw rate sensor? my guess its the former.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I guess its common in all the C class cars. The ESP visit workshop warning started coming up on my car today. But the car drives fine without any other issues. I was reading another thread about the esp message and someone had said that it could be caused by a bad alignment also. My car actually does seem to pull towards right a little bit, i really hope thats what causing it. Will get the alignment done and see if it goes away or no.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My manual also states that a low charge battery will cause the ESP workshop visit message to come on. just an fyi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts