Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C32
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on benzworld. I purchased my 2003 C32 last November. I love the car. Perfect blend of performance, handling and practicality. In March I experienced a ESP Warning and loss of power, which I learned Mercedes calls the "limp home mode". This problem has occured five times in three months, each time followed by a visit to the dealer. They have had the car for a total of 30 days. Everytime they said they could not find what was causing the ESP problem. Finally in June Mercedes agreed to replace the car. I now have a new C32. I cannot beleive it but the same ESP problem is happening with the new car. Once at 240 miles and now just this evening with 750 miles. I am driving down the road and all of a sudden the ESP warning is displayed on the screen and the car loses power and goes in the "limp home mode". After stoping turning the car off and restarting full power is restored. Has anyone else had this problem? What the heck is going on. I am off to the dealer tomorrow. [:(!]

·
Registered
C32
1 Posts
C32 ESP problem

I am having the same problem, i have a C32 2003. 2 months ago i had the same problem, it lost power several time on me, and the screen displayed ESP problem and the engine service light went one. Once it went the other way, and the car revved high. I had to put the car on neutral, to gain control. It was scary.

I went to the dealer, and they said it was a faulty valve and it was fixed. Last week the problem started again. I was in the highway and all of sudden when I was over taken another car, it lost power. This time no error was displayed on the screen. The car is back at the dealer. This is a safely issue, and I will call Mercedes and may also call my lawyer. When it comes to my life I get scared quickly. Do you any advice for me.

Feel free to amail at [email protected]

thanks[:(!]

·
Registered
2001 SLK32, 1982 Socata TB10, 1988 Fiat Panda
3 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I have the exact same problem with my SLK32. Any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts