Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of a road trip. I was getting on a highway and floored it. The ESP/traction control kicked on and stayed on. The engine was still running, but the car had not power. It did not respond to the throttle. I had an error message - ESP malfunction - have dealer correct. I turned the car off and on again. It almost is running normally now but stalls out frequently when I come to a stop. There is a check engine light on. At times it is idling rough. I won't have a chance to get to a dealer for another week. Aaaahgggghhh @#%@#^%@$#^@##

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich.....same exact thing happened to me today. Came to a stop and the car started to shake and then all of a sudden it stalled?? Then I restarted it and no problems at the next few stops. I am going to take mine in this week for a check up. Let me know what happens and has anybody else had this problem??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich just got back from the dealer with the same prob you have- its the Mass Air Sensor...

I live in Cali and went to Auto Stiegler in Encino and they are replacing my Mass Air Sensor and ignition actuator. At least that's what they told me. All covered by warranty and excellent service to add.... gave me an 2001 E320 loaner too. Its not close to our E55's in power but this car has some kick- faster than a GS300.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: So that was the problem Vic ... 'Mass Air Sensor'?

Whats up Drew???? Look time no chat, yes indeed the mass air flow sensor was the problem. When the car came to an idle the air mixture was off causing the stall. Simple replacment and the power is all back again. Bet Rich has the same exact problem. While the beast was there they aligned it for free. I guess MB allows a one time free alignment as long as you dont have 12k miles or 1 year on the unit. Great service too over at Auto Stiegler in Encino, CA.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'm going Tuesday Morning

Did you need a loaner because they didn't have the part? Thanks for the info. We'll see what my problem is soon. <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Thanks. I'm going Tuesday Morning

Rich it took 2 days, because they only had the Mass Air Sensor unit in stock but needed to order the ignition actuator. I always ask for a loaner on any of my service visits to insure that I have a car for situations like I ran into here. I am almost certain your issue is the same as mine so if they have the parts then they can do it in one day- no problem.<p>tmspxy02.toyota.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was the mass air sensor

You were right on the money. They had the parts in stock and I was there for 2 hours. <p>pm4-33.buggs.net

1 - 11 of 11 Posts