Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E350 and 2006 C280 4Matic
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my 2006 E350 to the shop to get brake fluid flush as a
maintenance procedure. Just $140 so I figured not too bad. Until I started driving home and the "ESP warning - visit workshop" came on the dash. I brought it back and they said it shouldn't be related to the brake flush. They checked the code and it was a bad steering angle sensor. It would be about $525 for parts and labor to replace :eek:
This was just waaayy to much of a coincidence for me since I haven't had problems with the car for 3 years.

I came home and searched the forums to find out that this code and message are typically due to the battery disconnect and the steering needs to be recalibrated. So I tried the recommended procedure and it did not work. When I called the shop they said they had tried that too. I tried again that night but the warning came back. However, much to my delight, the message did not come back on the next day and it seems to be resolved now. I'm not sure why it didn't go away immediately but I am glad I tried a few times and waited another day. :thumbsup:

Thanks to the forum members who share their expertise about these issues. It definitely saved me money (the dealership quoted $1100).

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
It could also be your steering angle sensor about to fail. These happen on a W211 (W203 at least also). If it was lost calibration, the message should have gone sooner. I'd suggest to start finding a lower price for the part and instructions to change it yourself (if you need any instructions). I hope I'm wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts