Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had accidently switched off the ESP when I was reaching for the seat heater button. I did not notice it was off because I was just about to make a 90 degree turn. The road was pretty slick and I ended up sliding very hard before hitting a curb with the rear right side rim. I immediately pulled off to a residential street and checked it out. There was the obvious cement that had came off onto the tire and the tire looked a bit flat. On the way home the car seemed to be pulling to left slightly; however, it might have been my imagination. 20 minutes later the tire pressure seems to have not gotten worse.

Here's the problem: right after I lost control and had come to a stop, I looked at the dash and noticed that the ESP light was turned off and that the car said 1 malfunction. After pulling over, I cycled through the COMAND in the instrument cluster and saw that it said ESP malfunction.

Did the ESP malfunction come on just because of my losing complete control or would any kind of ESP problem arise from hitting a curb? Also does it need to be serviced now or should I go ahead and re-set it?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Couple things come to mind:
-Steering angle sensor in steering wheel due to the need to correct for straight tracking
-Damage to the yaw sensor
-Damage to a wheel speed sensor

Just guesses.

Lucky the damage wasn't worse.

DB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts