Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESP error message pops up after driving the car for few minutes . Replaced the Yaw Rate Sensor and Lateral Rate sensor , Did wheel alignment and still error pops up.

I connected STAR diagnostics and the stored errors under ESP were

1) N64 Zero offset error ( I did zero offset with star and still error pops up after driving for few minutes.

2)N64 ESP control time error < 15 Sec

Please note these errors come up as stored errors not current error. After erasing the error and re scanning it shows no stored or current errors but ESP error appears after few minutes of driving and mostly appears when i am driving on a straight road.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
You might want to get your alignment checked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rudeney, I did got my wheel alignment checked and still no luck. Yesterday a just started the engine and kept it on for 10minutes with out taking the car out of the garage and still the ESP error pops up.

I connected the star diagnostics and its still showing the same error N64 Zero offset error under stored events.

Appreciate your help

·
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
What is the actual error you are getting (should be C followed by four digits). Here is a list of the error codes:

ESP Error Codes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rudeney,
The error codes i am getting are
Under ESP
C1200 - S9/1 ( Stop lamp switch) Plausibility (Stored)
C1120-004 - N64(ESP Yaw rate sensor) Zero point offset error of component
N64(ESP Yaw rate sensor) (Stored)
C1120-016 - N64(ESP Yaw rate sensor)Plausibility error (Stored)

Under BAS
C1025 - CAN BUS : Cab message stop lamp switch is faulty

Under Rear Sam
B1051- Component E4e2(Right tail lamp and parking lamp) has short circuit or open circuit (outer)

After clearing these errors i rescanned the car and no errors were present. I took the car for test drive and after 8.9 miles the ESP error came up.While the error came up the engine was running and vehicle was stationary at a red signal. When i switch off the engine and turn it back on the error vanishes from the instrument panel and it reappears after running the car for few miles.

Appreciate your help
Bonny

·
19,447 Posts
OK, first thing to do is check the mechanical switch on your brake pedal. If that isn't working, then nothing else will. One easy way to see if it's broken is to press the brake and if the brake lights don't illuminate (key in position 2) then that's the culprit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts