Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car was coming up with an error message intermittently BAS ESP. So the Mechanic checked it out and detected some corrosion because water has permeated it. So he opened it up and spray some Anti corrosion solution to it.
Before spraying the solution the Gear was selecting normally but now the gear is only in first gear and reverse. I have tried to buy a new module but Mercedes has stopped producing this device.
So now the car is stuck at the Mechanic. I have tried US, UK, Germany and Dubai for a new one but no luck.
Does ESP/BAS module stop gears selecting?
Can anyone help please?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
43,687 Posts
The car was coming up with an error message intermittently BAS ESP. So the Mechanic checked it out and detected some corrosion because water has permeated it. So he opened it up and spray some Anti corrosion solution to it.
Before spraying the solution the Gear was selecting normally but now the gear is only in first gear and reverse. I have tried to buy a new module but Mercedes has stopped producing this device.
So now the car is stuck at the Mechanic. I have tried US, UK, Germany and Dubai for a new one but no luck.
Does ESP/BAS module stop gears selecting?
Can anyone help please?
Welcome,
You probably missed the 'Find your Forum' sticky in the 'New Members Welcome' section right on top of the forum listings.
Click Find your Forum Section, Navigate & Search

1 - 2 of 2 Posts