Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My copy of EPC is no longer working.

"One of the server access authorizations is invalid. Please check the access authorizations."

Anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can no longer get it to run in Virtual PC nor VMWare.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,885 Posts
I think you have to go to resign access rights to admin.
I created 2 user access code and designed one to Admin... suddenly programmes appeared

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The error I get when I start EPC is:
One of the server access authorizations is invalid. Please check the access authorizations.

Do you know how to fix this?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I can when I return home 2nite
If all that you need is start key, that is easy.
You may need to assign admin the right to use the local database in, I think "user" sub menu

·
Premium Member
2007 CL600, 2003 SL55AMG, 1987 560SEL ECE, 1985 280SL
1,520 Posts
Following. Have the exact same issue, started when we entered 2020. So not a Y2K problem, but close...

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,145 Posts
Just checked version I have and it works fine. Best $10 worth I spent in cars :)

Surprised in a way because I am now running it under Windows 10 which was upgraded from Win7. The upgrade seemed to keep just about everything working as before.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,537 Posts
If you downloaded it as a zip file from online or obtained it from a CD, delete the current virtualbox copy you have and reextract from the .zip file.

It will fix it....in theory, anyway. I know it works in my case, but that was because I specifically bought a copy from a seller that delivered in a .zip format, so that .zip file contains the 100% working file and anything else I do on the extracted file is on me. So I delete and reextract and I'm back into business.

Given the file size of these stuff, I hope you guys are using SSD or NVMe drives.

·
Registered
1984 380SL
2,363 Posts
The reason it doesn't work is because the license is only valid until 2020.

Turn the clock in your VM back to 2019 and it should work.
Be forewarned, that you can never that version with the current time.

There's a later version out there on the "bay of pirates" that sits at v2.25 and that license goes until 2022.

·
Premium Member
07 E350, 80 240D 4 speed, 90 300SE, 87 260E
2,823 Posts
Bummer. Getting my CD EPC to run was always a bit tricky as had to run in a old Windows environment so wondering is the end of support for Windows 7 has something to do with my issue at least?

This is still working however if needed Mercedes > Mercedes EPC Online > nemigaparts.com
Thanks for the link. That works pretty well. Much better than what I had found looking this week.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1976 450SL
435 Posts
Did not make it work for me.
Same here; turned the VM back to 2018; it didn't work. Also rebooting, setting to 2018 and restarting didn't work...

Update: Worked out how to do it; instructions in the next post, and a way of automatically starting it up in the post after that....

:mad:

·
Premium Member
1976 450SL
435 Posts
OK. Found a way to get it working. I'm going to investigate making this a little slicker, but should work for those familiar with Windows who can't wait for that.

Note - I have EPC running under VMWare Player, and the guest Operating System is Windows XP

Steps:

1. Start the VM, and Windows XP
  2. Under the VM Menu, Open Player->Manager->Virtual Machine Settings
  3. In the VM Settings dialog, select VMTools and make sure the option (right hand side) "Synchronize Guest Time with Host" is disabled. It should now say "Time Synch Off" next to VM Tools on the left.
  4. Close the settings dialog,
  5. Within Windows XP, goto the Control Panel, and select Administrative Tools -> Services
  6. There are Four Services that are used by EPC/WIS. All start with "EWA". Stop each service, and set the Startup Type to Manual (close the config tool)
  7. Within the VM, click the Windows XP Start Button, and click Turn Off Computer->Restart
  8. When XP Reboots, the clock will get set to 2020 (it will do this every time you restart the VM unfortunately). Click on the clock in the toolbar (on the VM) and set the date back to 2018
  9. Go to the ControlPanel->Administrative Tools -> Services again, and right click on each of the four EWA services and click 'Start' (I started from top to bottom; I don't know if the order matters)
  10. Close the Services tool, and then start EPC as normal.
  11. Every time you restart the EPC VM you will need to repeat steps 8 through 10.
The good news however is that you don't need to restore back to an old backup - just following the steps above will restore a broken EPC/VM.

I'm going to look at automating steps 8-11 so you can just use the VM as normal, but hopefully the above is useful.

-Steve

·
Premium Member
1976 450SL
435 Posts
Further update: I've written a simple CMD file that if started from the Windows XP 'Startup' folder will change the date back to 01-Jan-2018, then start the servers in the background, then start EPC. Note - you must still complete steps 1-6 above so that the auto timesynching and starting of the services is disabled.

Take the following and put it in a CMD file, and then put that (or a short cut to it) into the Windows Startup folder (you can find that on XP easily - it's on the 'Start' menu)

REM ---Start Here---
REM This is a 15 Second delay
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 16 > nul

date 01-01-18

DATE /T

REM This is a 5 Second delay
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 6 > nul

sc start "EWA net DB Core"
sc start "EWA net DB EPC"
sc start "EWA net DB WIS"
sc start "EWA net Server"

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 16 > nul

start http://localhost:9000/EWA-net

REM ---The End---

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
EPC can work on 7 and 10 Losedows (Linux replacement for losers ;-))
The trick is that Java gas to be installed from it as new java is not compatible. Best if a dedicated machine is used, like an old laptop. Core2 duo can cope well.

If you browse the WIS ASRA disc, a box of goodies may surprise you....

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EPC can work on 7 and 10 Losedows (Linux replacement for losers ;-))
The trick is that Java gas to be installed from it as new java is not compatible. Best if a dedicated machine is used, like an old laptop. Core2 duo can cope well.

If you browse the WIS ASRA disc, a box of goodies may surprise you....
I've been totally into Linux for over a decade.
Thanks to your help I've got EPC working on VMWare and VirtualBox - still with WinXP - Losedows XP :)
I'm now searching for my EPC CDROM to find that "box of goodies".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts