Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a problem every morning now when i go to start my car the epc light comes on and the car only starts on 2nd or 3rd turn, but starts and epc light stays on, if i leave idle of a while and come back and restart usually it starts fine and everything ok until the repeats next morning,,,,, got a reading on the computer and it says brake light switch ?? any ideas also glow plugs come on after driving for 1/2 hour may the problem is lined and i need glow plugs replaced,,,any suggestions welcome oh one last thing i was driving a couple of time and the brake loses power and is like pressing the brake when the ending is switched off,,,,,,possibly all related, thanks for reply

· Registered
1998 c230 170K
1,418 Posts
The brake light switch is under the dash right above the brake pedal stalk, its a somewhat common replacement item. The lack of brake power assist problem your having needs to be fixed before you drive the car anywhere. It may be a combination of problems such as bad brake booster/vacuum leak, air in lines, ruptured caliper seal, broken brake line.
I am not a guru on diesels but your starting problem may be related to the glow plugs. My advice is get the brakes in working order first before someone gets hurt. B

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.