Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
97'C280
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's what I use on a bi-weekly basis between "full" details...in this order. I got some Adam's haze polish and buttery wax on order. I used Scratch-X too but tossed the empty bottle before I took this pic. So go ahead, fire away with the insults and your "professional" advice. Please tell me how wrong I am for using these products on my precious benz paint or how I'm missing a step or two. I can take it. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
89 BMW E34 ///M20 525i
148 Posts
Well, glad you wash the car before and after you clay. That's the proper method.

Also, I usually clean the glass after I'm done with everything, but sometimes before treating the window seals. Still though, after I apply wax, always. Just clears up any residue that might have found it's way on the glass or the cracks between the glass and the trim, particularly dust or chunks if your wax/protectant every leaves residue. Also, I try to put rain-x exterior glass before I perform paintwork correction or apply a protectant, because it also helps repel any residue, anything that gets on the glass willwipe right off the freshly treated glass.

Same with the tire shine, I don't disk getting it on the paint. Mainly because it screws with protectants, anything with petroleum distillates like that tire dressing you're using. I use that stuff afterwards. Besides, petroleum distillates aren't friendly to many surfaces either, and it makes the outer layer of your tires turn to petroleum soaked goop, just run your hand over it. I don't like that, I guess I've stained too many shoes by accidentally rubbing my foot on the tires of a clients' vehicle with that dressing that ha sbeen rpeviously applied. Yoiu really can't wash it to the point where it doesn't rub off black, it stays like that.

...So go ahead, fire away with the insults and your "professional" advice. Please tell me how wrong I am for using these products on my precious benz paint or how I'm missing a step or two. I can take it. :D
If you're looking for advice, why do you write in a manner mocking the professionalism of the users? If you truly think this is true about your fellow BenzWorld users, find another board to troll.

·
Banned
97'C280
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, glad you wash the car before and after you clay. That's the proper method.

Also, I usually clean the glass after I'm done with everything, but sometimes before treating the window seals. Still though, after I apply wax, always. Just clears up any residue that might have found it's way on the glass or the cracks between the glass and the trim, particularly dust or chunks if your wax/protectant every leaves residue. Also, I try to put rain-x exterior glass before I perform paintwork correction or apply a protectant, because it also helps repel any residue, anything that gets on the glass willwipe right off the freshly treated glass.
I use Rain-X too, just didn't have any. I try to apply my polish/wax/QD in the garage to keep the wind down while I work.

Same with the tire shine, I don't disk getting it on the paint. Mainly because it screws with protectants, anything with petroleum distillates like that tire dressing you're using. I use that stuff afterwards. Besides, petroleum distillates aren't friendly to many surfaces either, and it makes the outer layer of your tires turn to petroleum soaked goop, just run your hand over it. I don't like that, I guess I've stained too many shoes by accidentally rubbing my foot on the tires of a clients' vehicle with that dressing that ha sbeen rpeviously applied. Yoiu really can't wash it to the point where it doesn't rub off black, it stays like that.
I always scrub my tires with medium bristle tire brush before I apply my tire shine and I apply it with a sponge because I hate it when I turn a corner and get out and there's tire shine splashed up on the paint.

If you're looking for advice, why do you write in a manner mocking the professionalism of the users? If you truly think this is true about your fellow BenzWorld users, find another board to troll.
No trolling here. just posting a difference of professional opinion.

·
Registered
89 BMW E34 ///M20 525i
148 Posts
No trolling here. just posting a difference of professional opinion.
I beg to differ.
So go ahead, fire away with the insults and your "professional" advice. Please tell me how wrong I am for using these products on my precious benz paint or how I'm missing a step or two. I can take it. :D
I saw no "opinion" in what you wrote, just a condescending comment regarding the professionalism of the users.

You weren't asking for anything.
You're looking for a fight, you're not even interested in listening to advice, this has been proven time and time again.

Please, keep it professional.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts