Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a Doozy. Anyone know of a way to remove the pipe-to-engine hose, aka lower mid coolant hose without removing the AC compressor. I can see the clamp and even the screw but I can tell it's gonna be a major bitch getting a screwdriver on there 'lessen it's a seriously small screwdriver.

Or maybe this job can only be done by the home mechanic once he consumes a rather big scredwriver, I dunno.

·
Registered
1982 280E
9 Posts
Are you talking about the little piece of hose between the water pump and the thermostat housing? This is located right behind the AC compressor, and I have been struggling to get this replaced. By the way, mine is a M110 engine (280E). I succeeded by taking the AC compressor off but leaving the refrigerant hoses connected. This gave me enough clearance to do the job.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Henk - 4/11/2005 1:09 AM

Are you talking about the little piece of hose between the water pump and the thermostat housing? This is located right behind the AC compressor, and I have been struggling to get this replaced. By the way, mine is a M110 engine (280E). I succeeded by taking the AC compressor off but leaving the refrigerant hoses connected. This gave me enough clearance to do the job.

I hope this helps.
Actually, you are talking about the thermostat bypass hose, but you're close enough. The hose I mean is further to the rear with only the front clamp being obstructed by the compressor. Part of the problem is that whoever put that clamp on positioned it very poorly. I'm thinking, I'll just cut that clamp off and when I replace the hose, I'll position the new clamp so that the adjustment screw is more accessible. Mine is an M110, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts