Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know that this is paranoia...but i just want to make sure. I have an '04 G500. The engine is tilted to the passenger side...that is, the oil filter side is slightly higher than the other side. Does anyone else notice this??

There is a small leak in my automatic tranny. I don't see any obvious source...maybe around the gasket?? Anyway, i see some oil stains on the tranny pan and frame near it. I read that it's supposed to be sealed for life of vehicle. I guess that MB service will have to open it and reseal it.

There is also another leak somewhere that is leaking engine oil. I can see it on the skidplate...but no puddle on the ground. Everything looks good from below. There's definitely a small amount of oil on the front skidplate. I am probably not gonna do anything about it since my level is still good and i don't want MB mechanics to polk around my engine bay.

This is what happens when you take a closer look at your truck.

I will definitely get my auto tranny leak look at though.[:(]

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
RE: Engine tilted and Oil Stains

As Thomas said, all G500's have the engine slightly tilted to accomodate the steering column.

As to the oil stains, look closer to be sure that it's not excess lubrication grease spinning from the drive shafts at the U-joints and the slip joints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts