Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I own a 2011 Mercedes-Benz C220d Coupé and have been experiencing some rather strange abnormalities in the engine temperature lately. This other day after driving around 20 miles, the temperature of the engine was only around +75 Celsius (167 F), when the temperature outside was over +20 C (+70 F). The cooling air-conditioner was on. After this, I switched the AC off, and drove a couple of miles further. Suddenly, the temperature of the engine rose to +91 C (196 F). I tried switching the air-con on again, but the engine temperature still stayed in 91. Could the thermostat be broken or what could be the issue? In my opinion, this hardly is normal. The thermostat has been changed about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Isnt the normal temp suppose to be at 91C. The way you explained it you didnt give it enough time to reach normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
ot1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing