Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 e320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the engine temperature sensor control the cold start fast idle. On a cold morning my car starts right up to about 1200 rpm but within 30 seconds drops to 800 rpm. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
5,838 Posts
Yes it does, and yes it is. What does the gauge read when you start the engine when it is cold ?

·
Registered
2000 e320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gauge shows it is cold, needle all the way down. I know you have been trying to help me with and I thank you. It just runs so good after the first start in the morning. I may be thinking old school with watm ups. It just seems to idle down so fast. No different then summer.

·
Registered
2000 e320
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gauge shows it is cold, needle all the way down. I know you have been trying to help me with and I thank you. It just runs so good after the first start in the morning. I may be thinking old school with watm ups. It just seems to idle down so fast. No different then summer.

·
Registered
Green '02 E320 Wagon
561 Posts
To access the climate control diagnostic display, press and hold the REST button (which disables the A/C) until the climate control screen changes to show a 1 on the left and the in car temperature number on the right. Use the left and right Auto buttons to cycle through the different data points. You want #6 for Engine Coolant Temp. The list of codes is attached.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts