Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Engine Swap

10K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  RoninGT21 
#1 ·
!!! ok, which is the overall best eninge for my 1992 190e, i have a 2.3l 8v and really really bored w/ it, yea it does the sickest donuts and only spins tires in reverse, what should i swap to get the best performance, i want to start racing people. i was thinking the stock cosworth engine or maybe the 2.0l sportline....even if i can save up to get the amg engine but i dont know about the last one....which one is better the cosworth or the 2.0l sportline???? i want an engine that can put me in the lower 15 seconds on the quater mile...maybe a nice 14 second pass wouldnt be bad, but i doubt that would happen...any suggestions??? i want the most performance for the cheapest prices also where can i find the engine you guys request???....

p.s. i was thinking of having my uncle who happends to be a fabricator/welder....maybe he can set me up w/ a custom set-up for a volvo turbo, seeing the amg one is like 2200(usd) ill just pull the volvo turbo off a junkyard car.... any and all replys would be great

-Thanks guys
Scott

#27 ·
money talks, 2jz motor would be sweet. i would build a 2.5-16 motor. if i had time and the green..

#29 ·
ill shove a 500e motor in mines and call it a day if i can ever find a cheap one..

#31 ·
hehe. i kno, the day i find a cheap 500e motor is the day i win the lottery.

#33 ·
lol...

#34 ·
yeah man! German is goood, but it still sounds like some "rea" hot rod isht to me. Never be discouraged to dream, after all GOD gave us brains to use. To the bottom of the sea to the haters.

;) Kynyption where can I find a shot of your BENZ at. The fender shot is brilliant, like a new favorite girlfriend or ice cream. More.

#39 ·
damn, money talks 1500 for a complete dt. too much for me. i gotta work double ot for that

#42 ·
wish i had the money i would put nissan engine in my benz..hell ill put a 230 compressor motor in it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.