Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
675 Posts
So Kils.. what's up with Sweden ?.. Just out of curiosity, did some checking to see what's out there.. Used "ooyyo" ( ero auto trader).. Was seeing if there was a donor car that might work for you.. Punched in "under $1,000 usd".. Only 3 in Stockholm.. Did the same thing for Deutschland.. 750 came back.. I would think that being in the same neck of the woods, there would be a heck of a lot more MBs in Sweden than there appears to be..

·
Registered
2006 C230
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
So Kils.. what's up with Sweden ?.. Just out of curiosity, did some checking to see what's out there.. Used "ooyyo" ( ero auto trader).. Was seeing if there was a donor car that might work for you.. Punched in "under $1,000 usd".. Only 3 in Stockholm.. Did the same thing for Deutschland.. 750 came back.. I would think that being in the same neck of the woods, there would be a heck of a lot more MBs in Sweden than there appears to be..
Interesting, I have never heard of ooyyo or ero auto trader.
I have searched "Bildelsbasen" which is almost all scrapyards, for M272 engines after 2007. Found one 280, one 300 and a few 350s, one of them an AMG.
No interest in 2004-2006 engines as there was no help here from Mercedes to cover repair cost. The repair here would be in excess of $7000 so there is no chance to find an engine that had the balance shaft replaced.
The V6 engines were not particularly popular here. Gasoline cost about $6,50/gallon here then and the 4 cyl Kompressor models were considered cheaper to own, also insurance cost were higher for the V6 and V8 models.
How did You do Your search for donor cars?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts
On the manifold, Deplore is right - you get gunk inside the that makes the runners/flaps bind, and then the plastic actuator parts break. It can either be that three-point lever on the front, or any of the actuator rods from the vacuum diaphragms that break. Replacing them with metal works, but the ultimate cause is inside the manifold.

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
675 Posts
The V6 engines were not particularly popular here. Gasoline cost about $6,50/gallon here then and the 4 cyl Kompressor models were considered cheaper to own, also insurance cost were higher for the V6 and V8 models.
How did You do Your search for donor cars?
At first I thought it said $65.. In that case, I was on my way with some of the good stuff.. "Pissss.... Hey buddy, let me show you what I've got in my trunk"... Even at 6 1/2 that's high, but not enough for me to put to sea... Here, right now.. $2.39..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts