Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

engine stalled and won't start right away

1203 2
My 1987 190e 2.6 has a serious problem. After driving on the highway for 10-20 miles, when getting off at the exit the engine sputter and stalls intermittenly. Sometimes 1/2 mile down the road (after exitting from the highway). The engine wont start right away. Sometimes it will start after 10-15 min. I can smell the gas when the engine cranks. I have replace the plugs, distributor cap and rotor, fuel filter, overload relay, and the crank sensor. There is spark at the end of plug. IT'S SCARY! Anybody have any ideas please help.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Check for leaky fuel lines. If you smell fresh gas when this happens it makes sense that ...

Check for leaky fuel lines. If you smell fresh gas when this happens it makes sense that you have a line that when hot expands a hole and allows fuel to leak out.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NATE, I found the E.H.A.valve is leaking gas. I've tried to clean and tighten the...

Thanks NATE, I found the E.H.A.valve is leaking gas. I've tried to clean and tighten the valve but the engine still stalls intermittenly. I disconnected the plug that goes into the valve and the problem has'nt reoccure. Do you know if i can leave the cable unplug and operate the car without creating other problems. I've tried to order the valve on the web but it's out of stock. May have to wait a few days. Thanks again..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.