Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C230 Coupe Kompressor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 C230 coupe for about a month. It runs fine, no problem at all. Today when I was backing up in a parking lot, the engine stall, some people helped me to push the car back. After that, I couldn't start the engine. I left my car in that supermarket for more than 3 hours and went back to try again. The car didn't start. Can someone tell me how to start the car? I live in College Station , TX and there is no Mercedes dealer around. I need to drive the car back to Houston and have it checked by a mechanic. Right now just want to start the engine. Can someone help? Thanks a LOT!!!

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
call MB Roadside Service. they will help you figure out what's wrong with your car on the spot.

Take care & goodluck,
JOE55

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
well if the car wont start, something is wrong. fuel pump took a crap, or faulty crank sensor.

·
Registered
1990 420SEL, 1979 450SEL, 1973 450SE, 2003 C320S, 2005 C230WZ, 2005 E320W Avantgarde
95 Posts
This sounds dumb, but the same thing happend to my 03 wagon. I was out of gas. When I put 5 gal from a gas can in, it still wouldn't start. Then I got mad as hell and jumped up and down in the hatch area. It then started. I was so happy I didn't have to call roadside. They know me by first name since we work close to eachother.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Coupe
53 Posts
Is it stick?
If so, try pushing it to a place where there is a lot of free space around. Make sure someone is helping you push the car. Engage 1st gear and hold clutch. Then once the car is moving more or less let go of the clutch. The engine will crank by itself. If it's auto it won't work

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 4Matic fully loaded... but for the heated steering wheel. Stupid previous owner! 😠
1,142 Posts
Here is the question that can help us help you a little better. Does it crank over? If not, when you turn the key on, do the lights in the cluster come on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts