Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,my name is Premo,I am from South Africa.I own a 1989 200 and recently I noticed that the engine runs on after I switch off.On the carburettor a fuel shut off valve is connected at the bottom which regulates the CO level.

When I was at the dealership for some other checks,the technician put a test light on the circuit that connects to this valve and switched the engine off and the test light did not light up,he tells that could be problem and I think the relay for this circuit could be gone.Can anyone tell me where is relay is located and how is looks and how I should test it.

If anyone has experienced this problem,I would really appreciate your advice.

Sincerely
Premo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

The problem is fixed. The local mechanic who worked for Merc for 25 years and now runs his own practise adjusted the idle speed to about 750,it was running at about 1000 to 1100rpm(done by dealership mechanic).He also adjusted the CO level to suit the new idle speed.

The problem has not come back again,can anyone provide me with info as to why this repair fixed my problem.The guy tells me that if the idle speed is too high,that problem will usually come up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello
Can anyone advise disassembly, installation, cleaning and adjustment procedure of this shut-off valve. Thanks very much in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts