Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fault I believe brings my 92 500SEL from time to time in limp mode.
I am driving for some time without switching the AC on and have no problems. With the AC on eventually suddenly I am loosing my ETA and have to press the accelerator all the way down to be able to drive.

I believe it’s the AC causing that trouble. I have an intermittent trouble code E115 (Engine rpm increase diode matrix (V2) open or short circuit) I would like to locate this Diode Matrix. Has anybody experienced a similar problem, does anybody know where this diode matrix is located.

Thanks..

I

·
0 Posts
Your tranny is in limp home mode. The EA is limited to 10% throw, thus no throttle. Your code is stored in ETC 108-115.

This is most likely a bad connection. Your car was the beginning of bio-degradable wiring era, and could be as simple as an abrasive or insulation short. If wx becomes very humid here in Georgia, I can expect all sorts of problems. If I let the car run, it will heat up the engine compartment, displace the moisture and I'll reset the codes with a scanner. That'll usually work. Or just drive the car at least once a day.

Make sure you haven't leaked water into that module. Pull the plug and spray diaelectric grease onto the connectors. The usual wiring diags and you should be good to go.

Think seriously about a harness if you haven't already...

G

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.

I checked inside the passenger side wheel well area, but I could not find a Diode matrix. Do you have a picture of the location? I also checked the wiring harnesses inside the engine compartment. They look really good, I can find no cracks and the insulation looks smooth and flexible. MB had reconditioned the vehicle at one time. Maybe they exchanged all wiring at that time. Anyway, it is an intermittent fault. Hopefully I will find it one day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Goatman
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing