Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 E320 4matic, 07 Toyota Prius.
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that my engine revs when I press on the accelerator after been stop like in a traffic light. It will start off ok then the engine will quickly rev up and back to normal. This just started recently, about 3 wks ago. What can be causing this? I change the spark plugs and trans fluid & filter 1 wk ago. I have a 99 e320 4matic with 151K.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
You

have a throttle position sensor as part of the throttle by wire system.It may be out of adjustment or failing and has not shown a check engine light yet.Get the codes read and see if there is a pending code for any throttle or idle circuit codes.
Post the results when you have them.

ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have a throttle position sensor as part of the throttle by wire system.It may be out of adjustment or failing and has not shown a check engine light yet.Get the codes read and see if there is a pending code for any throttle or idle circuit codes.

would I need one of the special code scanners or would the code show up in the ac display?

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
668 Posts
OBD-II...

Compliant scanner is needed.

Harbor Freight has a dandy one... ohlord advocates it here regularly, and I own it as well. You can also take the car to AutoZone and they will read the codes for you; get the exact codes [not some counterman's interpretation thereof] and post them here, and I am sure one of the knowledgeable members will chime in on the problem.

Good luck,

JR

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would this work with my car. Actron CP9135 OBD II AutoScanner diagnostic code scanner ebay Item number: 380027872857

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
would this work with my car. Actron CP9135 OBD II AutoScanner diagnostic code scanner ebay Item number: 380027872857
That will work, but I'll throw in a third vote for the $40 unit from Harbor Freight, probably cheaper shipping than E-bay and as an added bonus it comes with a CD of trouble code translations, which is handy to have. The exact one we are discussing is in the deals sticky at the top of the forum, if memory serves it is in the first post of the deals sticky.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got codes

OK, I hook up the OBD 2 code reader & got code P0700 (transmissionn control system-MIL request, and code P0715 ( Turbine/input shaft speed sensor circuit. What can this be?

·
Registered
1998 E320 4Matic Wagon
59 Posts
I notice that my engine revs when I press on the accelerator after been stop like in a traffic light. It will start off ok then the engine will quickly rev up and back to normal. This just started recently, about 3 wks ago. What can be causing this? I change the spark plugs and trans fluid & filter 1 wk ago. I have a 99 e320 4matic with 151K.
Hey man I swear this happend once or twice to me the other day. I've owned my car for a little over a month and it just happend like a day or so. It hasn't happend recently (Knock on wood), but everyone I told, thought I was high on something telling me that nothing was wrong. It was almost as if I wasn't letting of the clutch and applying more and more of the gas in a manuel vehicle. I hope you find the solution to your problem, please let me know what it ends up being, I'm very curious and would like to have mine looked at for similar symptoms.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
668 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Even though I got code p0700 & p07015 could the problem with the engine revs be cause by the throttle position sensor and not related to the codes? Should I just replace it and see if that fixes my engine revs when I press on the accelerator after been stop in a traffic light?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts