Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Engine Rattling

1124 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Euro16
Hey guys,
Ever since I bought the car, this would bother me, when I first start the car, and let it warm up a bit, and put it in gear, theres an intermittent rattling coming from the front of the car, like seemingly right behind the engine...when the car gets up to operating temp, the rattle sometimes goes away. Its a repetitive rattle, only when in gear. In Park or Neutral it doesnt do it. What could this be?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2000 ML320, 190E 2.3-16V, 190E 2.6
38 Posts
same problem

i had the same problem, took me forever to find out what it was, turned out to be the porcelain in my cat. converter was broken. mb wanted like 1100 just for a new cat. so i took it out :) problem solved. although you might not want to do it if you only have one cat. my car is a cali version so it had 2.
Good luck.
Stuart

· Registered
190 E 2.3-16 Euro
26 Posts
Shhhhhh... don't tell anybody, but I took my cat totally out and put a glasspack in its pl...

Shhhhhh... don't tell anybody, but I took my cat totally out and put a glasspack in its place. Makes it sound pretty darn good. I have a Magnaflow on the end

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.