Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turns out my MOT sensor was shot causing my car to sound like a diesel. The part was installed for free by my dealer and now the car sounds like it should (knock on wood) Now, the only way to tell the Mot sensor is doing its job it to feel around the purge areas before it was ticking and shit.
Erik

·
Registered
164.125 163.175 Previous W211MOPF-W211C209W202W124
603 Posts
marmaclk430 - 5/6/2005 10:12 PM

It turns out my MOT sensor was shot causing my car to sound like a diesel. The part was installed for free by my dealer and now the car sounds like it should (knock on wood) Now, the only way to tell the Mot sensor is doing its job it to feel around the purge areas before it was ticking and shit.
Erik
[?]

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
Yeah, the only question is what "IT" is? Where's Clinton when you need him? What the heck is a MOT Sensor? I asked my dealer he had no idea and my advisor is generally well informed.

Blackbenzz - does yours sound like lifters?

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
let me see if I can explain what the MOT is. Its a black circular thing that says MOT in white accross the top. When you pop the hood and are facing the car look toward the right and the front of the car. My lifters are not ticking, the noise comes from that circular black thing that says MOT on top of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on the money blackbenz. For a while I thought it was bad lifters or my car was the rare diesel model :) The only way you should be able to tell it is working is if your hand in on it. Then you will feel the vibration of it. Mine sounded like it ticking like a bomb. I went in to the parts depot at MB of Devon asked one of the guys to come out and I said I need this and pointed to the MOT sensor 10 min later and $60 the problem was solved.
Erik

1 - 9 of 9 Posts