Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MB E300TD-99
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i think my engine has gone into a emergency program, the engine are lasy and i can`t here the turbo sound.
There is no fault alarms on the dashboard.
Does anybody know how i can reset fault alarms without using diagnostic computer ?

Tommy

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,068 Posts
You will need an OBDII scanner to check for and reset any codes. However it seems that it isn't showing any codes.

Chances are that the turbo wastegate control isn't working. Check the vacuum hoses that feed to the wastegate. There is a vacuum solenoid (switch) that is just below the engine air cleaner. It should have three lines going into it. One supplies vacuum. One goes to the wastegate actuator, and one is the vent and should go off to a small (3cm X 3cm) round air filter.

With the engine running pull off the hose going to the wastegate it should have full vacuum. If not, start working backwards.

·
Registered
MB E300TD-99
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is controlling or where does the solenoid valve get signal from,What is activating the sollinoid

·
Registered
MB E300TD-99
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have now checked the vacuum hoses from the inlet manifold to the wastegate and found that there is no wacuum on this hoses when engine is at slow speed.
What can be the problem ?

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
There are lots of codes that can only be read via the 38 pin connector under the hood. You can try to see if the OBDII connector under the dash gives any codes - go to Autozone or similar and get the codes read. You can also disconnect the battery for a minute or so and see if that resets things. How about your battery? Is it still the original? Batteries on the way out sometimes seem to cause strange problems.

Len
'99 E300TD 75,000 miles

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Yep, driver's side, covered with a little plastic flap.

Len

1 - 8 of 8 Posts