Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man - scary when it cut out. Luckily in my driveway. I have a 99 ML430. A love/hate relationship & a hole in the pocket to go with it. Has this issue surfaced before? I always used the recommended oil & kept up with changes. Please help

·
Registered
'10 Mbz S550, '03 Mbz C240, '03 Audi A4 2.0 Stroker, '08 Lexus SC430 PB Edition, '07 Prius
643 Posts
the same thing happened to me on my 1999 ML430, i luckily was driving on the street instead of on the freeway that day, and the engine just cutout, we got to a parking lot and the engine cranks but doesn't start, luckily after a few tries it worked. I had to have my fuel pump changed.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
masterstgy - 4/11/2006 3:53 PM

Man - scary when it cut out. Luckily in my driveway. I have a 99 ML430. A love/hate relationship & a hole in the pocket to go with it. Has this issue surfaced before? I always used the recommended oil & kept up with changes. Please help
So the truck cranked up and shut off? Did it like putter off or did it just turn off? My personal guess would be the fuel pump... If the car would not turn over after cranking, then yeah i would say the CPS...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts