Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 SL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recent problem which seems to be getting worse. After the engine warms up starts to "miss time" or what I think could be a miss. If you use the following terminology for the sound.. r = normal quite smooth rev, m = miss or very unsmooth rev, jurky when stopped at lights, with car body shaking left to right.

rrrrrrrmmrrrrmrmrrmrmrmrmrrrrrrrmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmrrrrrrrrrrrrmrmrmrmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmrr

Get the picture?

Engine starts perfect when cold and only exhibits this when temp gets to about 80 on the temp dial. Hard to start when engine warm or if started before 6-8 hours after last start. The uneven rev is immediate in this case.

Any help would be great.

cheers

·
Registered
AMG SLS GULL 2004 Viper 750hp
83 Posts
i had the same, i changed my plugs and leads, it never happened since, maybe a plug or l...

i had the same, i changed my plugs and leads, it never happened since, maybe a plug or lead is breaking down as the car gets hot

sam

·
Registered
380 SL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sam,

Replaced the leads, plugs, distributor cap and rotor advanced the timing and it...

Hi Sam,

Replaced the leads, plugs, distributor cap and rotor advanced the timing and it screams... Thanks heaps.
[:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts