Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, New to this forum, and new Mercedes owner, unfortunately I cant say i'm happy YET...

Long story short, purchased a 2012 C250 Coupe about 2 months ago

When I bought the car from a reputable benz dealer, I was told that the noise I am hearing is perfectly normal for this car.....

Fast forward to today, Everyone that rides in the car asks, WTF is that noise???

I try to explain that its normal blah blah blah, just like Mercedes told me

I did just have the HPFP replaced at a cost of 1200 USD to me, with a little help from the dealer because I just bought it... Again was told the noise was normal...

I have posted this on the other Mercedes forum, but still not sure exactly what it could be...

If anyone has heard this please let me know what it could be, No CEL, Car runs GREAT, Tons of power

I don't know if I should call corporate, or the service manager or what... They sold me the car under the assumption the sound was normal but I am starting to think its not at all..

I am handy and can check anything you guys suggest as long as I have the tools...

The first link is in Park revving in the driveway
The second is me giving it a moderate amount of gas while driving....

I am getting a slight peddle vibration at higher rpms

Thanks in advance...
Hi mate, did you find the fault, my car does exactly the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi mate, did you find the fault, my car does exactly the same.
I haven’t found the fault yet, still doing research about it. Just wondering, have your vehicle ever been hit by another from behind ? Mine did and was repaired a year ago, I am unsure if this is related..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update : I got the transmission mount replaced yesterday and this “putting “ noise has reduced by 1/3 ! However I still hear the putting noise and feel very slight vibration when the engine rev at 1500- 2000rpm going up hills, . my mechanic suggests to try replacing the engine mounts as well, see how it goes. But my vehicle is 2009 model , 70000km on the clock, I don’t expect Merc engine mounts only lasts 70000km... should I replace it ? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
122 Posts
70,000 granny ks, or 70,000 race ks, it can come down to how it was driven, or how often it wasnt, they are oil dampened mounts, the oil may have leaked out, for the $200 I would just change them.
RH one is easy, LH one is a little tricky :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
70,000 granny ks, or 70,000 race ks, it can come down to how it was driven, or how often it wasnt, they are oil dampened mounts, the oil may have leaked out, for the $200 I would just change them.
RH one is easy, LH one is a little tricky :)
Thanks for the reply! It was 70000 granny kms :) Any suggestion on the OEM/ aftermarket brand other than the Merc genuine engine mounts? Hope it will last longer..

·
Registered
122 Posts
$200 is aftermarket, genuine = 2nd mortgage on the home or your first born 😁 ??
I personally dont think it makes a difference, except the price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will get the OEM then. Hope this will get rid of the putting noise completely,it’s really annoying. Thanks for the advice :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts