Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
M

Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, New to this forum, and new Mercedes owner, unfortunately I cant say i'm happy YET...

Long story short, purchased a 2012 C250 Coupe about 2 months ago

When I bought the car from a reputable benz dealer, I was told that the noise I am hearing is perfectly normal for this car.....

Fast forward to today, Everyone that rides in the car asks, WTF is that noise???

I try to explain that its normal blah blah blah, just like Mercedes told me

I did just have the HPFP replaced at a cost of 1200 USD to me, with a little help from the dealer because I just bought it... Again was told the noise was normal...

I have posted this on the other Mercedes forum, but still not sure exactly what it could be...

If anyone has heard this please let me know what it could be, No CEL, Car runs GREAT, Tons of power

I don't know if I should call corporate, or the service manager or what... They sold me the car under the assumption the sound was normal but I am starting to think its not at all..

I am handy and can check anything you guys suggest as long as I have the tools...

The first link is in Park revving in the driveway
The second is me giving it a moderate amount of gas while driving....

I am getting a slight peddle vibration at higher rpms

Thanks in advance...

Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold馃槩 2013 ML500,馃榿 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
Sounds like it has had an aftermarket exhaust fitted to it.
Other than that I think all I can hear is the Kompressor.
Remove the serpentine belt as you could have a noisy idler pulley.
Start it and give it a rev and see if the noise disappears without the belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it has had an aftermarket exhaust fitted to it.
Other than that I think all I can hear is the Kompressor.

Hey Matt, nice name

As far as I know everything is factory..... That's the turbo whine you hear in the background

Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold馃槩 2013 ML500,馃榿 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
Ok, is it the exhaust noise your talking about, it鈥檚 a little hard to hear anything else, although I am a bit deaf.

M

Discussion Starter #5
Ok, is it the exhaust noise your talking about, it鈥檚 a little hard to hear anything else, although I am a bit deaf.

Yes exactly. If it is exhaust. Some people are saying intake. I don鈥檛 know what the heck it is but I do know it鈥檚 going back to mercedes if it doesn鈥檛 get resolved. I was told 鈥渘ormal鈥 by the Mercedes mechanics but I don鈥檛 think it is.

Premium Member
We have a 2015 C250 and it鈥檚 exhaust is not that noisy. Have a look underneath it and see if it鈥檚 had an AMG sports exhaust fitted or the resonator deleted.

M

Discussion Starter #7
We have a 2015 C250 and it鈥檚 exhaust is not that noisy. Have a look underneath it and see if it鈥檚 had an AMG sports exhaust fitted or the resonator deleted.

I know that if I run the vin their is an active exhaust or something but I don鈥檛 see a flapper anywhere.

Here is what comes up if any one is interested. A lot of confusing info.

IMG_6138.jpg IMG_6139.jpg IMG_6140.jpg IMG_6141.jpg IMG_6142.jpg

M

Discussion Starter #8
M

Discussion Starter #9
Some of this stuff I don鈥檛 even have. Not sure if the vin decoder is off.

WDDGJ4HB4CF780858
If that tells you anything. Sorry for all the replies.

Premium Member
Looks like you鈥檝e bought it with the AMG sports pack. It says you have the AMG sports exhaust with 2 modes. Try it in comfort mode and see if it changes the note.
I think it sounds good myself but it鈥檚 personal Choice.
Check on the dash or console that you haven鈥檛 got the exhaust button there somewhere.

M

Discussion Starter #11
Looks like you鈥檝e bought it with the AMG sports pack. It says you have the AMG sports exhaust with 2 modes. Try it in comfort mode and see if it changes the note.
I think it sounds good myself but it鈥檚 personal Choice.
Check on the dash or console that you haven鈥檛 got the exhaust button there somewhere.

Nope no change in sound and no buttons anywhere unless it鈥檚 hidden lol. I kind of like it too but want to get to the bottom of it. Someone on the other forum suggested to open up the air filter area on the intake and see if their is anything strange.

I鈥檒l do that tonight.

Registered
Dallas, Texas
In your first video it sounds like exhaust or other part of engine is making contact with chassis. Camera is picking up associated vibration. Are engine mounts and transmission mount OK?

Premium Member
It鈥檚 the way it should sound with an AMG exhaust I would imagine so don鈥檛 stress to much about it. I wouldn鈥檛 be changing it. People spend thousands trying to get their 4 cylinder cars to sound like that. Lol

M

Discussion Starter #14
In your first video it sounds like exhaust or other part of engine is making contact with chassis. Camera is picking up associated vibration. Are engine mounts and transmission mount OK?

I looked at the motor mount on the passenger side and there is some movement. Wouldn鈥檛 know where to look for the others. The noise does seem to change a little when going over a dip in the road. Just noticed it on the drive home.

M

Discussion Starter #15
It鈥檚 the way it should sound with an AMG exhaust I would imagine so don鈥檛 stress to much about it. I wouldn鈥檛 be changing it. People spend thousands trying to get their 4 cylinder cars to sound like that. Lol

I doubt it has an AMG exhaust. The rims don鈥檛 have the AMG logo. No flat bottomed steaming wheel. Very bare bones no heated seats etc. nothing that screams AMG.
I鈥檒l take the thousands and give them the noise lol.

If it鈥檚 not an issue then great I just have to know before I drive myself crazy.

Registered
Dallas, Texas
I looked at the motor mount on the passenger side and there is some movement. Wouldn鈥檛 know where to look for the others. The noise does seem to change a little when going over a dip in the road. Just noticed it on the drive home.

Take it to independent MB shop and have them look at it.

M

Discussion Starter #17
Take it to independent MB shop and have them look at it.

I checked out the intake and it seemed ok. Had my kid rev it up and can鈥檛 really hear it at all outside the car.

M

Discussion Starter #18
I checked out the intake and it seemed ok. Had my kid rev it up and can鈥檛 really hear it at all outside the car.

Here is a longer video I just took

Premium Member
It sounds fine to me but Witek has a better ear for a problem than I do.

Registered
Hello all, New to this forum, and new Mercedes owner, unfortunately I cant say i'm happy YET...

Long story short, purchased a 2012 C250 Coupe about 2 months ago

When I bought the car from a reputable benz dealer, I was told that the noise I am hearing is perfectly normal for this car.....

Fast forward to today, Everyone that rides in the car asks, WTF is that noise???

I try to explain that its normal blah blah blah, just like Mercedes told me

I did just have the HPFP replaced at a cost of 1200 USD to me, with a little help from the dealer because I just bought it... Again was told the noise was normal...

I have posted this on the other Mercedes forum, but still not sure exactly what it could be...

If anyone has heard this please let me know what it could be, No CEL, Car runs GREAT, Tons of power

I don't know if I should call corporate, or the service manager or what... They sold me the car under the assumption the sound was normal but I am starting to think its not at all..

I am handy and can check anything you guys suggest as long as I have the tools...

The first link is in Park revving in the driveway
The second is me giving it a moderate amount of gas while driving....

I am getting a slight peddle vibration at higher rpms

Thanks in advance...
My 2010 E250cgi coupe has Exactly the same problem , same engine noise! I think it is possibly getting much louder than before... have you figured out what the problem was 锛

1 - 20 of 27 Posts