Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E420
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine was running, her engine was running, we're all waiting for our order. I clumsily dropped my change, got out of the car and....I realized that I can barely hear her 4 cyl Toyota Camry engine while on the other hand my 8 cyls was partying with the fan, belt, pulleys etc. what a shame.
Smiled at her and asked what year is her Camry, 99 she said with a smile. Oh boy wish I could ask her phone number, too bad I might not hear her number with my rock band engine running. Can't imagine if I am standing next to a LS430

·
Registered
E420
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anybody tell me how to reduce the noise around the serpentine belt??
Appreciate all input

·
Registered
E420
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything looks and feels okay. Do I need to take off the serpentine belt to feel if there's a free play on the pulleys? it surely generates a squeaking noise
Also what is it that makes a ticking sound on the right hand side when you face the engine bay?
Thanks

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
no need to take the serpentine belt out to check the pulleys. pay closer attention to the water pump pulley. if you can't tell which pulley is making the noise, try spraying some wd-40 one pulley at a time, and see if the noise goes away. are you sure the noise is coming from the serpentine belt/pulleys area? if the serpentine belt has a lot of cracks, than it;s time for a new one.

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Frankbenz said:
My engine was running, her engine was running, we're all waiting for our order. I clumsily dropped my change, got out of the car and....I realized that I can barely hear her 4 cyl Toyota Camry engine while on the other hand my 8 cyls was partying with the fan, belt, pulleys etc. what a shame.
Smiled at her and asked what year is her Camry, 99 she said with a smile. Oh boy wish I could ask her phone number, too bad I might not hear her number with my rock band engine running. Can't imagine if I am standing next to a LS430
LOL I like the way you descibed your situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts