Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, heard a bit of a strange noise, gear lever seemed to be moving a LOT,car even seemed to go into N and revs to 5000.
To my indy-engine mounts broken,83,000 miles.On revving, it jumps about 9 inches out of engine bay.
Left it there to be fixed tomorrow, in a Chevy red fire Marshall rental now :-(

Adrian

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Doing all 3 mounts is fairly easy. They are $130 shipped for all 3. Took me about 2 hrs total 1st time.
Was that on a 230 or on a 320/32? I had a look and it did not seem possible to get any tools to the mountings on my 320.

·
Registered
PROUD OWNER! 2002 slk32 AMG
1,505 Posts
just did a srt-6 xfire engine mounts. (same as the slk32) conservative time was 6 to 8 hrs and if you can find a contortionist to get to the top bolts it isnt bad!! no way you will ever get a torque wrench up there to proper torque them. how they do it at the factory is beyond comprehension.
it can be done but get a buddy to help and be ready for an all day affair

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just did a srt-6 xfire engine mounts. (same as the slk32) conservative time was 6 to 8 hrs and if you can find a contortionist to get to the top bolts it isnt bad!! no way you will ever get a torque wrench up there to proper torque them. how they do it at the factory is beyond comprehension.
it can be done but get a buddy to help and be ready for an all day affair
my indy charged me 3 hours.Said it was a bugger of a job :) (He's from Albania!)
A

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI Autobahn / (Gone) '02 SLK32 AMG
372 Posts
I consider myself an avid DIYer and even I passed on attempting these... On the V6, they are a REAL pain to get at. The engine mounts are $88/ea and the tranny mount is $24 discount at Partsgeek. The total job at my indy was $850! The labor was the killer... Luckily, my aftermarket warrantee covered all but $250. Mine were all completly shot also, he said my motor was hiting the hood.

·
Registered
PROUD OWNER! 2002 slk32 AMG
1,505 Posts
the key to doing this is remembering how the mount comes out . the twisting and wiggling it oiut and it must go in the exact same way or it wont fit! theres a number of small things that have to be moved out of the way on each side.
the only thing i really didnt like was the inability to torque the upper mount bolts. best you will do is get both hands wrapped around the wrench and pull as best you can. doubt you will hit the 40 lbs torque but it will be close
i found 13dog his mounts on ebay for 89$ for the pair plus shipping so 100$ for both. not bad and really helped smooth out his ride.
mine are scheduled next!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts