Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm pretty sure i need to replace at least one of the engine mounts i have in my car. i was wondering how much it should cost me? (parts and labor combined)

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Do both or do neither. If you are paying a shop, there is a break on labor if both are done at the same time, and if one is collapsed the other if not far behind.

Flat rate, IIRC is 2.5 hours so you can figure that for your market. Low end is $70/hr, upper is double that. SRP is $155 ea. for the mounts.

You can try calling some indies in your area and see if they'd let you carry in parts and you can save $200 on parts by ordering online from rmeuropean.com, for example.

Another benefit to adding your location to your profile: you might be near a more diy-oriented member who might be willing to give you a hand learning some basic diys.

Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the great advice guys. I guess my mechanic was giving me a good price. $180 for one engine mount installed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Like someone already mentioned, you might as well replace all two mounts if possible the transmission mounts as well. If one is bad, the time for the other one to go bad is right around the corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts