Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When MB switched from the round rubber engine mounting rubbers to the "big rubber block" type, was there an accompanying change to the welded-on portion of the chassis that supports the engine mount?

The reason I ask is that the big rubber block type of mounts seem more durable to me than the donut type, so I was going to switch to the block type when I make the switch to the diesel engine. But if I'll have to modify the chassis, then I won't bother.

If anyone can send a picture of the bottom side of the engine mounts on their vehicle with the rubber block type mounts, I could tell for sure from the picture. I'll also know for sure when I get home to my EPC tonight, but I figured I'd give you fine folks an excuse to exercise your brains this fine Monday.

[:)]

Thanks!

-Dave G.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Stay away from this Dave

My 230GE had the square mounts but the 617 engine came with the round mounts.

There is no way to fit that to geather and the mounts welded on to the frame had different position.

I therefor ended up by cutting the original 230E mounts from my frame and weld on the 617 mounts from a 300GD.

I know for sure that the 617 fits right into the frame mounts of the 280E engine (vertical engines).

I gues that the tilting engines had those square mounting rubbers.... 230E, 250D, 300D(6cyl) 290D and 300E

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You 'da man, Karl

Thanks a million. Save me some $ in the process!

-Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts