Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300E, 1995 S420
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything that matched what I am currently experiencing. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.

I have a 1995 S420 with about 105k miles on the odo. My car has been sitting for the past month or so while my dad and I have tried to figure out whats wrong with it in our spare time. We tried taking it to the mechanic because we dont have much time to figure this out on our own, and he suggested a standard spark plugs/wires, cap/rotor change since the car is over 100k miles but he wanted to charge a ton of money so we decided to do it ourselves. Checked everything out and everything seems to be in working order but the engine is still misfiring. 4 cylinders aren't working.

So we checked the ignition coil and thought that this was the problem. The ignition coils are working fine. Our test for this was swapping the wires to the ignition coils and the functioning cylinders swapped as well. (for instance cylinders XXXXYYYY initial setup X's didnt work but Y's did, when we swapped the coils X's worked but Y's didnt).

We think that whatever the ignition coil is connected to may be the next thing to check, but cant figure out what that is. Any help/idea whats going on?

Thanks again for reading this and I hope to get my baby back up and running soon.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Sounds like your EZL is likely out..ie, the ignition control module. Did you check both coils for power? Has the wiring harness been replaced yet? Are you sure the injectors are firing/have you tested w/ a NOID light?

Has anyone checked codes w/ SDS?

Jonathan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts