Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been doing a bit of work on Squid, but now I've run into something that has me a little stumped. When the tank is full, he runs sweet. When the fuel level gets down between 3/4 and 1/2 full, he starts lurching. At stops, the engine intermittently revs on its own, and the fuel gauge starts swinging towards "empty". It has shut off twice during this. When I fill it back up and drive again, no problems (knocking out carbon / 70 mile highway drives with B12 Chemtool in the tank). Yesterday, after another drive and the gauge under 3/4, the hesitation, shake, lurching and stall happened again. It occurs from a stop, but runs fine after 2nd gear.

I have OBD error codes p0101, p0300, p0302, p0303, p0304. Tells me:
  • the MAF is malfunctioning
  • cylinders 2,3, and 4 are misfiring.
All the other gauges are steady, oil is OK, coolant OK. Smells for a moment like there's a coolant leak, but nothing leaking under the chassis and the smell leaves. Other than replacing the MAF, any thoughts? I'm not trying to blow Lil Timmy's Christmas toy fund.

Danke Schoen!
CJ

·
Registered
456 Posts
What is B12 Chemtool? If that's an additive, I think you are going to be dealing with more problems from using that. Haven't used this stuff or Seafoam, not really sure what the advantage would be. I thought Techron was best for Mercedes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
1996 S420 goes dead random. Only at very slow speeds or sitting at a light it will just go dead. Sometime at a stop it trys to go dead, then reves up and lunges forward. At highway speeds you can feel it try to go dead, but doesnt. All of this happens daily, but some days more than others. Yesterday it only happened 2 or 3 times. Can anyone help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts