Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Maxima SE
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 93 109e worked very smoothly and always started by a single ignation even during the winter but after installing brand new spark plugs and wires it started to knock in the morning or engine is cooled down i have to hold the key and give some gas to get it start when it is blazing hot and knocks and sometimes stops unless i jus waited for about 5 mins on park does any one know whay? I installed bosch plugs and wires please help
thank you

·
Registered
1985 190e 2.3 auto, 1982 300D
31 Posts
Which spark plugs?

Hi

Which spark plugs are in it?? I understand that bosch has replaced the old non-resistor plugs(H8DC) with resistor ones(HR8DC). Could have something to do with it, if that's the only things you changed. If you still have the old ones you could try putting them back in and see if it improves.

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Maxima SE
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant really remember because i lost the recipt all i know is i bought the expencive ones why? why? which ones are better resistor ones or non resistor ones and why does the resistor ones interfear the preformance?

·
Registered
1985 190e 2.3 auto, 1982 300D
31 Posts
Spark plugs

Certainly a good question about what's better, I try to use the non-resistor non-platinum because that's what it's designed for. I don't know of actual problems with the other plugs though. I've had problems with platinum plugs in different cars though. (are there other cars besides Mercedes?)

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Maxima SE
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot everyone but da benz should work wit everythin they are rock hard I went opver a curb and my oil pan had a hole so i was crusing around on my 190 for about 5miles with no engine oil at all it was like a 1" hole and still running good happen like 4mo's ago

Again thanks a lot i am going to try just regular plugs

·
Registered
Classic 92 190E 2.6
4,235 Posts
Did you gap the plugs correctly?

Maybe you damaged one of the wires when replacing? Could use a old one and replace the new ones one at a time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts