Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 MB E430
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:surrender: Hey fellas can anyone tell me why my engine Idles funny. I recently change my motor mounts and sparks plugs, and it stills shakes...... When car is sitting and is at idle i can feel a vibration. my first guess was the motor mounts, changed those but same issue. went and changed the spark plugs, and same solution. what can be the cause of this vibration of the motor? motor sounds and runs REAL healthy.

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
mine has a mild shutter to it as well. Only does it in park for me. You can try cleaning the maf, but I've done that and it doesn't help.

if the motor is smooth everywhere else, id deal with it.

·
Registered
2001 MB E430
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OliverK said:
mine has a mild shutter to it as well. Only does it in park for me. You can try cleaning the maf, but I've done that and it doesn't help.

if the motor is smooth everywhere else, id deal with it.

same for mine. it only does it when i come to a complete stop at a light, and or in park. i just recently changed the MAF just last year, and did everything else that will cause this shutter except the spark plug wires. Does that change at a certain mileage?

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
believe it or not I had the same problem when I first purchased my car, I had the Harmonic Balancer, Pully, and Belt replaced, that decreased it alot, than the other day I pulled the spark plug wires, just the first two on the drivers side and cleaned them too but have not changed the spark plugs them selfs, that help a bit to. I also notice the entire MAF unit connecting to the engine was loose, wow some a-hole who worked on the car prior to me buying it did not put the bracket to hold it together but because it was behind the engine I never even know untill I was just doing a look around, put the bracket on and she is "OK", So far when I come to a complete stop I "havent notice the ruff idle". I am a novice and dont know much about cars, but hated that ruff idle. So hope that helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts