Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am running my ac and driving in traffic--if I go from gas to brack quickly (IE any where in Atlanta Traffic) my engine sometimes stalls..which is not fun..This only happens when A/C is on..Is the idle set to low..How can I fix this..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the same stalling problem on my 82 300D turbo. Im pretty sure mine was a compression problem, basically all I did was knock the idle up to about 900 RPM which is a little high and the problem went completly away. Running a little injector cleaner through everytime you refuel will help alot. (Power Service Diesel Treatment seems to work the best for me and is pretty cheap if its bought in bulk.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS--Any suggestions

For what type of cleaner (brand) to use..and do I just add it directly into the tank upon fueling?<br> <br> RH

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Directions

simply pour the power service diesel treatment into the fuel tank upon fueling I use about one cup per 21 gallon tank. You should pour the fuel treatment into the tank before you fill the tank up with diesel, in order to mix the fuel treatment with the fuel.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Directions

Do you change your fuel prefilters at every oil change and your main oil filter every couple oil changes? Maybe you got a slug of bad diesel. When I put on a new fuel filter main one, I put in a can of redline stuff to clean the injectors, or you can put in ATF, so I have heard. I always use redline. <br> <br> Austin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.