Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Ideas??? The engine diagnostic indicator lamp has been on for the last few weeks on the instrument console. I have then noticed that there is a lack of power and the auto gearbox does not change a quick as usual. Furthermore, the kickdown on the accelorator pedal has also become intermitant.

Should I be worried about new gearbox??? or just small repair.

Its on a 2003 C200 Kompresser.

Any feedback welcome

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Hey, kotler. Please take a minute to click the user cp link and complete your BW profile re: vehicle and location, that's often useful information and particularly when you're seeking guidance.

The CEL can come on for literally hundreds of reasons. What it means is that something has failed (or a combination of somethings have failed) and you need to fix them. If you're in the states, go by an Autozone and they will read the codes for free, then post or search for them here and you'll find the solution.

If you are not in the states you'll have to go to the dealer or an indie that can plug into the diagnostic port.

It may be something simple and inexpensive and it may be more expensive, but the only way to know is to get the codes read and go from there. Guessing is a big waste of time and money.

Also, please DO NOT IGNORE the CEL. That's a good way to damage other things that are pretty expensive, like catalytic converters.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gregs210 Thank you for the guidance, I have taken previous advise before and all worked out well..... FYI UK spec though there ia a issue, wife's bloodline is from the mother land of Benz??? and she should know better..and contacts..sorry!!. Buellwinkle im not looking forward to the confusion!! but will work things out. I Will be going into local dealer / sub dealer in the next few days and hopefully post back a code>>

Thanks and have a good new year

Kotler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts