Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pictures of my engine.. all from the front of the car. anybody want to show what i should cover? i know i shouldn't use pressured water and to use a rag and some engine cleaner/tar removal thing. any recommended cleaners in the us?? anything that i should avoid? any stuff that i could clean that would make my car run more smooth/ more efficient?? ill show some after pics too :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dangit, sorry guys i put on the wrong pictures.. can a moderator please delete the first post so that people looking at this topic won't have to wait a long time to just see this. and if you are goin to tell me which piece to take out and clean can you please be descriptive as im new to this and if possible use the picture to highlight or circle the part.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 W201.029/M103 3.0
244 Posts
Just don't spray the fuse box or plastic bits with wires coming out of them directly with the pressure hose. Wrap the distributor in plastic. Keep the hose focused on big chunks of metal like the front and sides of the engine and bulk of the intake manifold and back the nozzle off, distance wise as you spray other parts. Use plenty of degreaser where needed. Watch the edges of the bonnet and bay railing, you can strip the paint from there if you get too close with the nozzle. Keep the nozzle pressure away from fresh paint. Remember to hose down the guards and bonnet periodically so degreaser doesn't run there, dry and ruin the paint.

Other than that, go silly. Most everything's water sealed.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vanir - 4/1/2005 5:47 PM

Just don't spray the fuse box or plastic bits with wires coming out of them directly with the pressure hose. Wrap the distributor in plastic. Keep the hose focused on big chunks of metal like the front and sides of the engine and bulk of the intake manifold and back the nozzle off, distance wise as you spray other parts. Use plenty of degreaser where needed. Watch the edges of the bonnet and bay railing, you can strip the paint from there if you get too close with the nozzle. Keep the nozzle pressure away from fresh paint. Remember to hose down the guards and bonnet periodically so degreaser doesn't run there, dry and ruin the paint.

Other than that, go silly. Most everything's water sealed.

umm i don't know many of the things you just said... where is the distributor, where is the fuse box? which plastic bits are you talking about. what is the bonnet and the bay railing is just like the sides ( the part of the chassis right ? ) if not, then what are the guards and bonnet? thanks for replying

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
the fuse box is the black long box top right thingy

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i just foudn that out in another topic... so everything behind the first firewall should be covered.... and what else???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts