Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
W124 E220 cabriolet 1993
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently put a running E220 petrol coupe engine into a Cabriolet and have had some issues with the cabby now choking it self after 60 seconds or so and struggling to now even start, I have checked all vac pipes and checked the sender unit which had abit of corrosion round it. The fuel pump etc is working fine no leaks or anything, I put £25 of fuel in there today and the needle kept on moving even tho it choked itself after 60 seconds - would it be worth changing the fuel tank filter? The OVP has been changed out of another 320 I own and the fuel pump relay but still not change? Any ideas what it could be or what else I could try whilst at home with the covid 19 pandemic going on?

Thanks in advance

Raj

·
2,873 Posts
Welcome Rajan124,

Although your fuel pump is working,
have you checked for fuel pressure/ fuel flow at the rail?
Yes, it would be a good idea to change out the ff.

·
Registered
W124 E220 cabriolet 1993
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi khomer2 thanks and thanks for replying so fast. I haven't checked that I shall try that tomorrow and I'm going to order the ff tomorrow. I didn't think it the ff normally needs to be changed on the Petrols. Looking on YouTube it's mainly the diesel engines but always good to check I suppose. Thanks again

·
Registered
W124 E220 cabriolet 1993
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the best way to check the fuel flow at the rail khomer?

·
2,873 Posts
What's the best way to check the fuel flow at the rail khomer?
Not 100% familiar with your model. On the rail, there should be a schrader valve (near the front of the engine)
Should be similar for all MBs

OR

EDIT:
I also recommend you scan for codes and post here.

·
Registered
W124 E220 cabriolet 1993
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I'll have a look tomorrow and get back to you, thanks

·
2,873 Posts
Rajan124,
You need to post on the thread, not in conversation.
Follow post#5, you're getting ahead of yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I have recently put a running E220 petrol coupe engine into a Cabriolet and have had some issues with the cabby now choking it self after 60 seconds or so and struggling to now even start, I Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire have checked all vac pipes and checked the sender unit which had abit of corrosion round it. The fuel pump etc is working fine no leaks or anything, I put £25 of fuel in there today and the needle kept on moving even tho it choked itself after 60 seconds - would it be worth changing the fuel tank filter? The OVP has been changed out of another 320 I own and the fuel pump relay but still not change? Any ideas what it could be or what else I could try whilst at home with the covid 19 pandemic going on?

Thanks in advance

Raj
scan for codes and post here.

·
2,873 Posts
scan for codes and post here.
manleyedan,

Update your user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
add your make model YEAR ----> click save

We have no idea what you drive.

·
Registered
W124 E220 cabriolet 1993
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I have recently had the car checked and it needed to be re coded as the ECU came from a coupé to a cabriolet so the car now runs however a gear adjustment is needed but that's minor. I will get the codes soon and post here. Thanks for your help all👍🏽
I will also attach the document with the diagnostic information.

·
Registered
W124 E220 cabriolet 1993
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the diagnostic pdf file notes. Can be found on Google.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts