Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Several German cars
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has any one here had any real world experience with removing and re-installing the black plastic panels on the underside of the engine compartment? The WIS instructions say “Installation: helper required” which makes me think it is a bit of a pain.

Will any of the expansion clips need to be replaced once removed?

thanks

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
I have only removed the plastic panels from the front bumper to the large one/s under the engine. I did not need to replace the expansion clips usually if you are carefull with them they can be reused (don't lose the plastic pins, though I have replaced a lost pin with a small self tapping screw in the past).

When I was removing the Bumper I seem to remember that it was supposed to be a 2 handed job but I did manage on my own. It may be a 'health & safety' issue or just that they don't want mechanics causing damage to either the parts they are working on or adjacent ones.

I did tape over the bodywork when I was removing & re-installing the bumper in order not to scratch the wings.

·
Benzworld Staff
Night Crew......2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
11,048 Posts
I've had all under panels off including the black plastic wheel wells. It's a piece of cake....no tricks. I have not had the front bumper off though.

·
Registered
B200 T 2007 Gone, Discovery Sport 2016
1,581 Posts
The WIS instructions say “Installation: helper required” which makes me think it is a bit of a pain.

thanks
One mechanic to do the work and one more to write up the bill:) or maybe we should :crybaby2:

Bill

·
Registered
Several German cars
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
One mechanic to do the work and one more to write up the bill:) or maybe we should :crybaby2:
Bill
:yelrotflmao: That's a good one

Has any one here had issues with belt squeak on start up? Are there any service recalls or bulletins on the belt tensioner or guide pulley? As soon as the engine temp goes above 80°c the squeak stops.

·
Registered
B200 T 2007 Gone, Discovery Sport 2016
1,581 Posts
Good be either the belt or the tensioner. Last car wife had required both after about 45000 KMs.

Try a spray of belt conditioner for a temporary fix.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts