Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM TRYING TO BREAK DOWN MY 300E TO REPLACE THE BLOWN HEAD GASKET. I NEED THE LAY OUT OF THE ENGINE AND A STEP BY STEP KNOW HOW.. THANK AGAIN...........[^]

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
This information is too comprehensive to compose and post in such a forum. You should get yourself some type of manual that has the written instructions, plus you'll have the very useful illustrations that come in the manual. We han help with any sticky points or steps that may be unclear to you.

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
writting in cap will not get u faster replies.. [:D]

just a bit of advise.. if u have not done this before.. get some book off amazon covering engine in detail along with MB service manual

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
505 Posts
[8D]
As said above in this thread, get a book about engine work and the M-B repair manual.

The first motor I ever tried to replace the head gasket on was an old Fiat 128, so it was no big tragedy when I put the timing belt on without positioning the the overhead camshaft correctly. All the valves bent the first time I turned it over.

You've got to have some big rocks in your pocket to make a Benz your first project.

Good luck!
Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I THANK U FOR THE BOOK IDEA, BUT AS ALOT OF U KNOW THATS NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS. I REPLACED THE TIMMING CHAIN ON MY 420SEL AND GOT WHAT INFO I NEEDED RIGHT HERE FROM ALL OF YALL. IF I PULL IT APART I CAN UP IT TOGETHER. BUT IN THIS CASE I DIDNT PULL IT APART, SOMEBODY ELSE DID. SO IF THERE IS ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP PLEASE DO. THANKS
RMPETERS

[:D][:D]

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Our own Slant Six! And a legend in its own right! I honestly never tought of that analogy before [8)]
Capital Peters, here's a possibly simple solution to your problem: Try to beg, coax or cajol the somebody else who ripped it apart to put it back together [:D]

Shady

1 - 6 of 6 Posts