Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. The Hayne's repair manual for my 79 240D mentions a drain plug on the block to properly drain all of the antifreeze from the engine. I can't find this particular plug. Any advice from someone who knows which side and where it is located? My Acura has a similar device and it was easily discovered so I am not afraid to do this stuff or challenged when it comes to tools.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: Hi to all. The Hayne's repair manual for my 79 240D mentions a drain plug on the block to properly drain all of the antifreeze from the engine. I can't find this particular plug. Any advice from someone who knows which side and where it is located? My Acura has a similar device and it was easily discovered so I am not afraid to do this stuff or challenged when it comes to tools.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p>I can see two possible drain plugs on the right side of my 79 240D block. One is a standard head bolt (perhaps 17mm?) that is located below the two freeze plugs, towards the center, lower 1/3 of the block. The other is a hex head Allen bolt, sitting more or less flush with the block, that sits aft of the two freeze plugs. It appears to be 17mm also. Since I am sure that these two bolts have never been removed and will surely be a bear to do, I only want to remove the proper one to allow me to fully drain the block. Any suggestions from those that may have done this?<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: : Hi to all. The Hayne's repair manual for my 79 240D mentions a drain plug on the block to properly drain all of the antifreeze from the engine. I can't find this particular plug. Any advice from someone who knows which side and where it is located? My Acura has a similar device and it was easily discovered so I am not afraid to do this stuff or challenged when it comes to tools.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p>I can see two possible drain plugs on the right side of my 79 240D block. One is a standard head bolt (perhaps 17mm?) that is located below the two freeze plugs, towards the center, lower 1/3 of the block. The other is a hex head Allen bolt, sitting more or less flush with the block, that sits aft of the two freeze plugs. It appears to be 17mm also. Since I am sure that these two bolts have never been removed and will surely be a bear to do, I only want to remove the proper one to allow me to fully drain the block. Any suggestions from those that may have done this?<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p><p>It's the standard head bolt. I took a gamble and it even came out fairly easily.<br>Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.