Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SOLD: 99 SLK230 K 96 C220 K 06 E200 K
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do oil change in next week.
Should I change the air filter too? It was put in the same time as oil change. Somebody here suggest 30k life, is that still confirm?
What about cabin filter? 15k?
I'm living in SoCal area if you wonder about air quality.

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 Kompressor
332 Posts
My advise for the air filter is this: take a look at it and decide for yourself if it is dirty enough to warrant a replacement. Hold it up and if it is pretty grungy with dust and pollen, then replace it. Otherwise knock it out a little bit and put it back in. Same goes for the cabin filter; these hold up pretty well - unless you have a musty odour in your car then it is time for that filter to see the trash. Remember, these mileage and time change intervals provided by the manufacturer are recommendations to guide you; no two people drive their cars the same, and geographic location plays an equally huge part in your vehicle's wear and tear as you clearly are aware.

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
I replace the air filter about at 20k, mostly highway miles so it looks in good shape when I toss it but prefer to keep it on a regular maint. pattern. for the cabin filter I replace it yearly. Mileage doesnt really matter for the cabin filter. By the end of the year though the carbon is shot so change at least annually is in order, more often depending on ur conditions :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts