Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
slk32
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i was on barnet highway.. and a bright yellow c6 started flooring it behind me, i floored my car after he passed me, he never pulled on me, but i never pulled on him too.. so i guess its pretty close.. we went up to 110? then i eased off.. im still a new driver :)

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
iku - 3/23/2005 7:34 PM

yesterday i was on barnet highway.. and a bright yellow c6 started flooring it behind me, i floored my car after he passed me, he never pulled on me, but i never pulled on him too.. so i guess its pretty close.. we went up to 110? then i eased off.. im still a new driver :)
You might still be a new driver but it does not take much practice or skill to floor an automatic at speed. If it was a stick it would take a little more ability to select the correct gear to stay in the power band.

Glad to hear it was a positive encounter.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
430 - 3/23/2005 7:13 PM

You might still be a new driver but it does not take much practice or skill to floor an automatic at speed. If it was a stick it would take a little more ability to select the correct gear to stay in the power band.

Glad to hear it was a positive encounter.

Yeah....but it's also not that hard either....plus if he was just blazing down the highway, there's not much thinking to do....just work through the gears.

Yeah....as much as people say the c6 would be waaaay faster than a 32, etc....i think the 32 has a really good chance to stay even if not pull ahead. Even my 320 pulls pretty hard on the highway, i've never driven a 32, but i'm sure it's twice as good. Like you said, a stick is harder to drive.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
I think his comment about being a new driver was aimed at easing off at 110. I too am a new SLK driver and while flooring it and accelerating to 110 doesn't take any brain power or real skill, deciding to continue past what I consider a high speed (taking into consideration the traffic, risk of reckless driving ticket, etc.) does. I don't think I would go much further/faster than iku did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts