Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking an EMT training course from the local hospital in the spring and getting nationally certified...I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for jobs over the summer. I'm 18 and live in rochester, MN over the summer. I was thinking maybe working on an ambulance for the red cross or gold cross... or maybe interning with a surgeon at Mayo or something. Getting an internship will be pretty easy, as I've mentored there before and my mom works there, etc. Maybe at a senior citizen home or child care place?

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
Whats your goal for your summer job? Experience? fun? contacts for future positions in the medical field?

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well mostly experience and money...and something good to put on my med school apps. in the future.[:D] I'm just not too familiar with what kind of jobs I'm likely to be hired for with this type of training and was wondering if anyone knew.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
maybe you could look at internships in the environmental health and safety field...demand is there and it is related enough to be of value...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
I work for a hospital call me up

480-200-0371 tell me who you are tho otherwise im prolly gonna hangup on you.

--Deathy

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
When I was just testing if I wanted to go into medicine I did the EMT route also. Not a bad way to give it a psuedo test run. I would suggest doing one attached to the hospital, gives you a chance to hangout in the er and get a feel for hospital life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts