Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday a Ford Ambulance was called to a emergency call passed me on the highway west of the Island. Since there was not much cars heading NE i match the EMS Ford speed of 180 Km side by side.

I was the first to go thru a round about crossing to take the highway East. He was still coming but i had a long lead .

Before you guys sending your comments. This is very comon on the island, specially for those who owns fast cars and it is not punishable by the law. It is not for fun but for a experience driver its a test wether your car is in good running condition.

Eddie

·
Registered
W209 320 2004 W906 Sprinter 313 CDI 2013
59 Posts
well how would you feel if you got a flat and knocked the ambulance off the road do you say to the waiting patient its OK ive been testing my car ??

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
And sorry... but why do you feel it is necessary to post about every "race" you have? You beat a damn ambulance... really??? I would hope that you would...

Oh and it's to test your car?!?! You are out of your mind.

·
Registered
1983 300SD, 4 speed manual, 1994 C280
229 Posts
Are you a lawyer mate, and need to chase freakin body carts in hopes of a pay out? Get a life, go eat some donuts. Geeezz man, and they wonder how the phase "they needed killin" got started.

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments, but i can't help i come from a racing family. My father did power boat racing along with one uncle and a cousin. My other uncle and his wife did drag racing. And i have another cousin who used to compete in drifting.

And me. I'm a former rally driver for the local Mitsubishi Dealer.

When you are a racer you are always in need for speed. And i'm thinking to trade in my C280 for a E63 AMG.

Once i browed a Suzuki SX4 with manual gear box and it felt good shifting and i took the car to 200 Km.

Regards,

Eddie

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
That makes more sense... I have respect for that... I just hear too many "kids" bragging about their races and stuff... so... have fun and be safe!!

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
>>It is not for fun but for a experience driver its a test wether your car is in good running condition.<<

>>I'm a former rally driver for the local Mitsubishi Dealer...When you are a racer you are always in need for speed. <<

These have to be the lamest justifications ever written for the ridiculous things you are doing. I mean... really... you could have come up with something better than that. People who have been around this forum know your posts, but this one takes you to a new level!

·
Registered
1983 300SD, 4 speed manual, 1994 C280
229 Posts
I live in NASCAR country, that's why I drive like I do. NO WAIT A MINUTE!!!! I drive like I stole it because I did. NO WAIT A MINUTE!!! I grew up running gravel and dirt roads and drifting corners before that sh!t was cool. NO WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! Awww WTF you drive like you do because you missed the part about being a maron on the highways was not right.:surrender:

If you need to drive like an assmunch, take it off the public roads so that the one you kill is yourself or another assmunch like yourself. But please get out of the gene pool.:thumbsup:

Thank you and I will not post in this thread again, enough of this soapbox derby.:bowdown:

·
Registered
1994 C220 (W202) Classic and 1998 C240 (W202) Elegance
342 Posts
There's nothing wrong with racing.... as long as it's done in a safe environment - like on a race track or private road - NOT on public roads where you could kill/injure innocent people.

ON a race track - if you mess up - and you kill yourself - it won't be as bad as messing up and killing innocent people sharing the public roads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts