Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 BMW M5, Next Week 04 CLK55 AMG Droptop
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a horror story. I never could imagining this happening but it just happened to me just like other forum members from another thread. I need help because I cant drive my car at night. So my Drivers Bi-Xenons are flickering violently all of a sudden. They kept going on and out. Then finally I realized their was a problem. I check the drivers Bi-Xenons and open the cap, and all I smell is smoke, and the red peice was melting, and burnt. It was smoking really bad. I therefore took the connection cables off so it wouldnt get worst, I didnt want any sparks. I cannot drive my car at night either. My car is out of factory warranty but it does have extended starmark warranty until 2009. From what I hear this is a big repair and the whole assembly must be replaced. Problem is my Bi-Xenons where not factory, bc someone put them on the car bc its missing the washers. But however they are OEM MB Bi-Xenons though. Since the car is under extended warranty will they cover the repairs ? If not what cost will I be looking at to fix this repair ? I also hear that their was a recall on the harness. Please give me some advice. Thanks

Heres what it looks like

·
Registered
1990 420SEL, 1979 450SEL, 1973 450SE, 2003 C320S, 2005 C230WZ, 2005 E320W Avantgarde
95 Posts
Oh boy, sorry to hear that. Since the headlamps were not originally installed from the factory, the only way I could see them being covered is if an authorized MB dealer installed them. I would call roadside assistance and have them come out and take a look. Roadside is usually very kind and accomodating.
Good luck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what Im going to have to do but the problem is dealing with MB.Well part of the problem is my dealer is in another state, and the MB Sales Team, Service Team and GM that sold me the car with Bi-Xenons, Tails,Fogs, and Blinkers, no longer works at the place. They hired completely new employees, and last time I was their the new employees looked at my car funny bc they said B-Xenons, Fogs, Tails, and Blinkers should have not came on my car. They thought it was weird because there were no headlight washers. Thats how I know it wasnt factory installed. But point being when I bought the car along with the extended starmark they told me it covers everything except service issues and paint. So with that said, how can I get this issue covered at another MB Dealer under extended ? What if they say my car should have not have Bi-Xenons ? Whats the best option for me to do now ? I find MB being a pain now especially when they sell you an extended warranty and dont want to repair it under that. Please help.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
If an authorized M-B dealer starmarked the car as you now own it, then I think your issues should be covered under your extended warranty. Like you, I would be a little concerned that no one that you dealt with is still employed where you bought the car. Worst case scenario: They might have all been fired bacause they were doing a bunch of (allegedly) dirty deals.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Musikmann said:
If an authorized M-B dealer starmarked the car as you now own it, then I think your issues should be covered under your extended warranty. Like you, I would be a little concerned that no one that you dealt with is still employed where you bought the car. Worst case scenario: They might have all been fired bacause they were doing a bunch of (allegedly) dirty deals.

Good Luck!

Well I hope they are going to cover this. It is strange that all the employees are gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts