Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2000 E320. My problem started today when I accidently spilled 2-3 sips of coffee around my console. I cleaned it up immediately. I then couldnt lock the car with the Key remote. After a minute of trying, it finally locked and reopened 45 mins later. Got home after 15 mins of driving, and again would not lock from the key. After 1 minute of trying, it finally locked.

Now the problem really starts. 1 hour later, i went to open the car with the remote and it would not unlock. So i did some research online. From what i read was to manually open it with the key. The alarm will go off but put the key into the ignition and it should stop. Well it didnt. It went off for about 1 min, and then the fog lights and tail lights kept flashing. The car did start though. So i turned it off and did some more research online. Next thing i was understood to do was to disconnect the negative terminal under the seat from the battery. After reconnecting, start the car, and everything should reset after a lil bit. So i did that.

I drove the car around while the lights flashed, the rear light was remaining on, the rear defroster didnt work, windows and sunroof didnt work, and the wipers didnt work. After 5-7 of driving, i turned the car off and restarted it. The locks started to work again and everything seemed normal. So i walked into the shop and bought new batteries for my remote key fob. Everything seemed to be normal and working.

I drove home, and on the way, everything stopped working again at one time for 20 seconds or so. Then started to work again for another 20-30 seconds, then finally just stopped working altogether. So now I need everyone's help here.

Keyless entry does not work.
Console locks/trunk/windows/sunroof do not work.
Rear defroster does not work.
Wipers do not work.

From what I've read, it could be a PSE pump problem, or a N10-1 module from under the hood that might be loose. I am extremely confused. I do not want to spend much money on this thing. Can anybody please help me or provide me with some info please???

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Putting the rear defroster and wiper aside for the moment, on your other issues...

First things first..."After reconnecting, start the car, and everything should reset after a lil bit".

Actually, you are the one who has to reset the auxiliary systems after a battery dsconnect; everything you listed (other than rear def and wiper), and reset the steering angle sensor. See your owner's manaul for instructions on all you need to do, or do a forum search here.

Someone else can chime in on rear def and wipers, possibly a fuse or relay problem.

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
Per your description you alarm system does not get disconnected even when you turn the ignition on.
Active alarm disables all locks.
Can't imagine how fluid spilled on center console affected alarm system, but not being good in electronic troubleshooting, I would remove the affected electronics and wash them very well with electronic cleaners.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
100% in agreement with fabbrisd1 and Kajtek1 here but first I would disassemble the shifter first and clean as suggested. Make sure it is completely dry before you button things back up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i started the car this morning, and everything seems normal and working again. Dont know how long it will last. Only thing that isnt working is the pwr windows. I guess everything is resetting on its own after i disconnected the battery lat night.

Will keep you posted. Thanks guys....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts